It is nearing the end of November and you know what that means! Thanksgiving is approaching – bring out the turkey, green bean casserole, and pecan pie. For many, Thanksgiving is a time to gather with your family and friends. With schools off and offices closed, that long-awaited weekend you have been looking for is about to arrive.
How about you change it up this year? Instead of staying home – pack up your family, your friends, or your significant other and head on down to Myrtle Beach!
Why come to The Grand Strand this Thanksgiving? We here at Palmetto Vacation Rentals are going to give you SEVEN reasons why:
- Memories, Memories, Memories – One of a Kind! Looking to make lasting memories with your friends or family this Thanksgiving? If you are anything like me – some of the best memories I remember from my childhood were on family vacations! Before moving to Myrtle Beach, our family would visit the Grand Strand at Thanksgiving time to escape the snow in New York, spend quality time together, and enjoy all that the area had to offer. Children are off school, and you most likely have an extra day off from work that will enable you to enjoy that much-needed long weekend. How awesome would it be to take a vacation with your loved ones this holiday and do something different?
- New Experiences – Did you say Bluegrass Festival? Shout out to anyone who enjoys bluegrass music – this upcoming Thanksgiving weekend the Myrtle Beach Convention Center will be holding the 50th Anniversary South Carolina State Bluegrass Festival! Beginning on Thursday, November 28th and running until Saturday, November 30th, this family festival will be featuring the Sons of the South, The Crown Brothers, Carolina Blue + 38 more popular bluegrass artists. Never listened to any bluegrass music? This festival will be the perfect opportunity to expand your music palate! Tickets beginning at $22/daily general admission. Click to see schedule and more information.
- Activities with the Community: Participate in the 13th Annual Myrtle Beach Turkey Trot. Join over a thousand local and visiting runners this turkey day at the Grande Park at The Market Common. There will be multiple races available for anyone interested in participating – 5k, 8k, One Mile, and Tot Trot race for kids. Thanksgiving does not just have to be all about the food! Get your running shoes on and sprint your way to victory this Thanksgiving. Click here for details.
- Skip the Cooking, Dine Out in Style this Thanksgiving! Myrtle Beach is notoriously known for its delicious and award-winning restaurants throughout the area. With over 1,600 restaurants – there is something here for everyone to enjoy. For Thanksgiving, many places along the beach will be hosting Thanksgiving Specials! For those who do not enjoy cooking or just want a break this holiday – come taste your favorite Thanksgiving dishes without the cooking hassle. Below are several restaurants that are hosting Thanksgiving specials this holiday: Hook & Barrel | Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen | Carolina Roadhouse| Original Benjamins| House of Blues
Don’t see anything you like? Call our office at 888-808-2788 anytime for more restaurant ideas!
- 34th Annual Intracoastal Christmas Regatta Boat Parade. Watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade has always been part of my family’s traditions for Thanksgiving. Why not just watch a parade on television this Thanksgiving but witness one (boat style!) on your vacation while in Myrtle Beach. Come watch the annual Intercoastal Christmas Regatta Saturday, November 30, 2019 from 5:00 PM until 7:00 PM. This event is hosted by Yachts for Tots of North Myrtle Beach/Little River – a nonprofit organization dedicated to meeting the needs of the children in Horry County who are unable to get full assistance from traditional agencies in the area. For locations of where the parade can be seen click here.
- Shop Until You Drop – Black Friday Style. Myrtle Beach is one of the top places to shop along the East Coast! The Market Common, Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing are just a few of the top shopping destinations in the area. There are also two Tanger Outlets featuring over 100+ brand name stores such as Under Armor and New York & Company perfect for your shopping needs. In addition to the outside shopping areas, The Coastal Grand Mall, located right by the Myrtle Beach International Airport is also the second largest mall in the state. You will not be disappointed with the fantastic deals and available places to shop this Black Friday!
- Christmas is in the Air! Get ready to enjoy Myrtle Beach’s holiday entertainment on your next vacation. If you are not a fan of anything revolving around Christmas before December begins than this point is not for you. But for those of you that have been listening to Michael Bublé Christmas album on repeat, shopping at Hobby Lobby, or watching any Christmas Hallmark movies – than Myrtle Beach is the place for you to come to this holiday season. Witness world champion ice skaters perform to popular holiday tunes on Christmas on Ice. Enjoy the Carolina Opry Christmas Special featuring over 35 Christmas trees and award-winning vocalists! Feast your way through a Myrtle Beach’s popular Christmas at the Pirates Voyage. The options are endless here on The Grand Strand!
If you got excited for at least one of the seven reasons as to why you should come to Myrtle Beach this Thanksgiving, then you should heavily consider making that trip down (or up!) to South Carolina’s top beach and tourism spot.
We would love to help you find the best vacation rental suitable for your needs this Thanksgiving. For your convenience, Palmetto Vacation Rentals is running a special just for you – details are below.
Thanksgiving Special: “Show Me the Turkey”
Must Stay Between: November 27, 2019 – December 1, 2019 (3 night minimum)
Deal: Free Turkey (or $25 Gift Card!) + 30% OFF Vacation Rental
CALL IN SPECIAL ONLY!
Must book before November 25th, 2019 to receive Thanksgiving Special.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration this year. We are so excited to see you soon!
Originally from New York, Alison Lashower moved to the Myrtle Beach area with her family twelve years ago. Gamecock at heart, she graduated from the University of South Carolina with a marketing and entrepreneurship degree in May of 2017. When Alison is not spending time taking photographs around the Myrtle Beach area, you can find her writing, dancing, or on some type of adventure. Fun fact, she just spent this past year living abroad in Cape Town, South Africa!