Guest Rental Agreement
Guest Rental Agreement for Palmetto Vacation Rentals LLC
Please take a few minutes to read the following information carefully in order to make yourself familiar with our policies and procedures.
Palmetto Vacation Rentals, LLC ("We”) want your vacation to be enjoyable and hassle free right from the time of reservation and throughout your stay. We are here to assist you in any way possible and will help you make the right choices for your next vacation.
- CHECK IN: BETWEEN 3:00 PM AND 5:00 PM *Please note delays may occur based on the departure volume* Check in for all properties are located at our business office. The physical address is 4101 Mayfair Street, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577.
An earlier check-in many be possible as long as the property has been cleaned, inspected, and deemed ready for occupancy per the cleaning companies. If you do plan to arrive before 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM, please call our office at (888) 808-2788 and we will be more than happy to check the status of your accommodations. There are occasions when we may have to delay the check-in time for maintenance or special cleaning. If your vacation rental is ready, we will help you get a head start on your beach holiday.
- CHECK OUT: CHECK OUT is at 10:00 AM. Our housekeeping staff is on a very tight schedule to get the unit ready for the next vacationer. Please take this into consideration if you plan to golf or enjoy any other activities on your departure date. You must remove all belongings and vacate the property by 10:00 AM. Return all keys and pool bracelets/tags to Palmetto Vacation Rental after vacating the property.
- RENTAL RATES AND PAYMENTS: Palmetto Vacation Rentals, LLC. Rates for homes and condominiums are shown for weekly and daily stays. Rates close to or during the holidays, special events, and weekends are typically a little higher, and a minimum night requirement may apply. All properties have a minimum of weekly stays and Saturday arrivals/departures, except for last minute specials, in the summer months of June, July, and August. Most of our properties require a three-night minimum during our off-season. Rates do not include tax and are subject to change.
- INITIAL PAYMENT: When you make your reservation at Palmetto Vacation Rentals, LLC. We ask that you make an initial payment equivalent to 50% of the total cost of your rental. After making the initial payment, we will send to you a rental agreement requesting the renter’s signature. We do accept VISA®, MasterCard®, and Discover or any other certified funds that would be most convenient for you. If you are planning to pay by check, payment must be received one week after your reservation and no later than thirty (30) days prior to check-in; otherwise, your reservation will be cancelled. If you make payment by check you must have a credit card on file for incidentals or send a separate check for $300.00 deposit, which you will receive back within 30 days of departure. THERE WILL BE A $60.00 BANK FEE FOR ANY DISHONORED CHECKS!
- FINAL PAYMENT: The final payment toward your vacation rental is required 30 days before your arrival. Requirements for the final and initial payments are the same. After your final payment is received, we will send you a written confirmation listing all your vacation rental charges, vacation insurance (if applicable), occupancy taxes, processing fees, security deposits, and any other requested rental service fees or items.
- SECURITY DEPOSITS: There is no security deposit required if the guest provides a valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) at check-in to be kept on file for damages. A $300 cash security deposit is required if a credit card is not on file. Guest authorizes Palmetto Vacation Rentals LLC to apply charges to guest’s credit card on file or deduct from cash security deposit for any damages incurred during the stay. *IMPORTANT: If you note any damages or concerns upon your arrival CONTACT US immediately to inform us and this will avoid liability charges* Security deposits will be refunded within 30 days after your departure. *FOR RENTERS UNDER THE AGE OF 25, AN ADDITIONAL SECURITY DEPOSIT IN THE AMOUNT OF $100 PER OCCUPANT WILL BE CHARGED. (*Please note some property owners have given their permission to allow renters 23-24 years old; however you must call and make arrangements with the office to make sure the reservation is in the correct location and the necessary deposits are received)
Security Deposit Protection Plan: *This protection plan must be purchased with the reservation in order to have this coverage.Palmetto Vacation Rentals will cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided you inform management prior to check-out. (*if you do not contact management prior to your departure this protection plan will be voided*) Any damages that exceed $1000.00 will be charged to the credit card you have placed on file. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, a renter causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, Palmetto Vacation Rentals will pay for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum of $1000.00.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We do strongly recommend travel insurance offered by our vacation insurance partner, CSA Travel Insurance. Unforeseen circumstances can occur before and during any vacation, and vacation insurance protects the investment you put into your vacation. In the event you must cancel your reservations due to a sudden emergency, you may receive reimbursement for the portion of the trip you miss. Some of the coverage and services included in travel insurance relate to trip cancellation and interruption, travel delay, baggage delay, medical expenses while traveling, emergency medical transportation, and a 24-hour emergency hotline. Pre-existing conditions may also be covered as well. CSA Travel Insurance can be reached at 866-298-6846 for further information and to answer any questions concerning coverage. Travel insurance is highly recommended during the Hurricane Season, June 1st to November 30th. The insurance premium will be charged to your account at the time of your reservation. Once insurance is purchased, it cannot be refunded to you. Please note insurance provides coverage for unforeseeable circumstances or events. Upon purchase of insurance your coverage will take effect 24 hours after initial payment.For More information please visit http://www.csainsuranceservices.com
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Should you have to cancel your reservation for any reason, let us know immediately. We will attempt to re-rent your property. A full refund of your deposit will be made if cancellation is more than 30 days prior to your arrival. Cancellation less than 30 days prior to arrival MUST be re-rented before a refund will be made. Consider purchasing travel insurance to avoid this risk.
- CHANGING RESERVATIONS: Any change or transfer of a confirmed reservation is subject to a $75.00 administrative fee AND property owner approval. The Home Owner has the right to refuse to authorize the change or transfer of a confirmed reservation.
House parties and Groups: House parties and groups with members under the age of 25 are prohibited. We do not rent to non-family groups unless ALL members of the group are 25 years of age or older. (*Please see Security Deposit for renters age 23 and 24)
- PET POLICY: PETS are NOT permitted. There are a few select properties that the homeowner and home owner association have given permission to make exceptions for you must VERIFY with PALMETTO VACATION RENTALS if you would like a PET FRIENDLY property. The Pet Policy in general states dogs are the only pet(s) able to be considered; there is a non-refundable pet fee of $100.00 per pet (max 2), the weight of the pet must be less than 40lbs., *further information will be provided upon your reservation*.
- FURNISHINGS AND EQUIPMENT: All homes and condominiums are privately owned and furnished. Consequently, we cannot make any changes to the property. All properties are complete with air conditioning and heat, and color television(s), unless stated otherwise. Majority of the kitchens* are equipped with the following: refrigerator/freezer, range/oven, drip coffee maker, toaster, sufficient tableware, flatware, cookware, glasses, cooking utensils, a microwave oven, and a dishwasher. (*Please confirm with your booking agent not all properties have: washer/dryer, oven and dishwasher*)
PLEASE DO NOT MOVE OR REARRANGE the furnishings. Also with owners updating and refreshing’s their properties throughout the year furnishings are subject to change without notice. Any locked closets are reserved for the storage of the owner's private property and are not to be entered or damaged. There will either be a washer & dryer in your unit or access to a common coin-operated laundry facility will be onsite. If planning to prepare special meals, feel free to bring along any specialty culinary utensils such as a blender, crock pot, rice cooker, etc. If you notice any broken equipment, please report it to us as soon as possible so that we can make repairs in a timely manner. Rate adjustments will not be made for the failure of any appliances or equipmentto be in working condition for a reasonable amount of time. Outside service contractors shall have the right to arrange, inspect and repair during your occupancy. This also applies if pools, elevators, or other common features should close for reasons such as cleaning or maintenance during your time with us. We do not guarantee internet in the room.
- DEPARTURE CLEANING: Departure cleaning is provided, however, we require the following to be completed prior to your departure;
-The home should be left in a neat and orderly fashion, with furnishing as it was found.
-All trash bagged and taken to designated containers/dumpsters
-Remove all food items from refrigerators and cabinets
-Wash all soiled dishes
- BED AND BATH LINENS: Linens and towels are included in our rentals. All beds are made for your arrival. DAILY HOUSEKEEPING IS NOT INCLUDED. Sleeper sofa sheets are not supplied in the properties, they are made available at the Palmetto Vacation Rentals Office. If you need a set of sleeper sofa sheets for your stay they will be supplied to you at time of check in.
- LOST AND FOUND: Palmetto Vacation Rentals, LLC is in no way responsible for personal belongings left behind in the property. A $25 service fee and shipping costs will be billed to your credit card if you request us to package and return items you leave in the property.
- KEYS AND POOL PASSES: Keys will be picked up at our office and must be returned to Palmetto Vacation Rentals upon departure. There is a $100.00 charge for keys not returned and a $200.00 charge for each pool tag not returned, so please be certain to turn in all keys prior to your departure.
- EXTRAS: Cribs, high chairs, beach umbrellas, beach chairs, boogie boards, bicycles and much more are now available through Vacation Equipment Rentals. Details and rates are available online at www.ver-sc.com.
- CONSTRUCTION: In resorts areas, construction can occur at any time and unannounced due to new attractions and accommodations. We do not make rate adjustments or rebates due to these matters.
- SMOKING POLICY: ALL units managed by Palmetto Vacation Rentals, LLC are NON-SMOKING. You are permitted to smoke outside, but there will be NO EXCEPTIONS for in room smoking; failure to comply will result in a $500.00 smoking fee to assist in cleaning and ozoning the property.
- RESORT MANAGEMENT: Palmetto Vacation Rentals, LLC. or its homeowners cannot guarantee that facilities at our resorts will be available for the use of our renters. Resort managers, builders, developers and homeowner associations from time to time change the rules and regulations about the facilities which are out of our control. We do not make rate adjustments or rebates due to these matters.
- MAINTENANCE & REPAIRS Just like your own home, our homes can experience unanticipated breakdowns. All efforts will be made to insure that all equipment and appliances are in working order and that any problems are resolved as quickly as possible. Although repairs will be made as quickly as possible, no refunds or transfers to another unit will be made.
Telephones and Internet Service: Telephone and Internet Service is not provided in every unit. Please check with your booking agent to ensure services. If your rental property does come equipped with these services the information will be provided to you at the time of check-in.
- PARKING: Motorcycles, watercraft, trailer vehicles, high-rise vans, ATVs, and/or motor homes are NOT PERMITTED on many properties. Condominium Associations allow us to provide no more than TWO parking passes per condominium. Most homes and villas have ample parking for four or more vehicles; although, some may have more parking availability. Please call if you have any questions about parking at your rental property.
- SUBLETTING PROHIBITED: Guest acknowledges that the rental property may not be sublet. Subleasing shall immediately void any rental agreement with no refund due to the guest.
- GUEST OCCUPANCY: (including small children, infants, and visitors) shall not exceed the stated occupancy number for the unit. Overcrowding is a violation of the lease and you will be asked to vacate the premises.
- LIABILITY: Tenant and guests hereby agree(s) to make restitution for and hold and save harmless Palmetto Vacation Rentals LLC, their employees, and the property owners from loss, damages, claims, demands, suits, judgments, liabilities or any causes whatsoever, which the owner Palmetto Vacation Rentals LLC would be otherwise held responsible for arising from any injury or death to persons or property, or any claim on account thereof resulting from Tenants or guests use of premises or Tenants or guests failure to comply with this agreement, either in or about the occupied property or elsewhere.
- GUEST RESPONSIBILITY: The guest whose name appears on the confirmation is responsible for all terms and conditions set forth in this document for them, their guests or others who may share vacation rental property during their term of occupancy.
- SUBSTITUTIONS: If a home is made unavailable due to damage, change of ownership, or maintenance related issues we will attempt to locate comparable substitute accommodations. If no suitable substitute can be located, all deposits and payments shall be refunded.
- ITEMS TO BRING: Toiletries (such as toilet paper, soap, shampoo/conditioner, etc.), laundry detergent, paper products (such as paper towels, paper plates, garbage bags, etc.) Beach towels, beach toys, etc. If you are needing the sheets for the Sleeper Sofa, please call in advance or let our front desk know at the time of check in.